5 Tips for Adjusting To and Wearing Minimalist Military Boots
Minimalist Footwear is becoming increasingly popular. The idea of minimalist footwear is to use as little material as possible, which makes them light and flexible as possible. Tactical Research and Belleville Boots have minimalist combat boots.
- Choose your minimalist military boots/footwear.
- After years of heavy-duty tactical boots, the muscles and tendons in your feet are tender and weak, and not accustomed to the force and effort of using minimalist footwear.
- Take it VERY SLOWLY. It will take awhile before the muscles and tendons in your feet and legs adjust to the new way of walking/jogging/running.
- Minimalist boots have less material and are less protection for your feet and ankles than typical combat boots, thus it is more likely you can injure yourself in the beginning.
- The minimalist boots will cause you to use different muscles in your legs that aren’t used to excessive use, therefore if you feel any pain or discomfort, it means you need to take a break. Don’t feel bad, go at your own pace and ease into the minimalist boots.
The transition to minimalist boots is like learning to walk again. Take your time, go slowly, and listen to your body to ease the adjustment to minimalist military boots.
To learn more about minimalist military boots, check out 5 Benefits of Minimalist Military Combat Boots.